Search Website:
Live Contact - Click here

SECC Primary News

The latest news and hot topics impacting our local south side communities.

Senior Citizens Receive $50 Refund

Tuesday, January 28, 2014


Chicago senior citizens that own a townhouse, condominium unit, or cooperative apartment that shares a common water bill may apply for an annual refund of $50.00 from the City of Chicago.


You must be over 65, the owner, and the address location must be your principle residence.

Applicant must submit:

1. A copy of your most recent water bill

2. A copy of your property tax bill or something that proves that you receive the senior homestead deduction

3. Proof of age such as Drivers License, state ID, birth certificate, etc.

An applications are available from your alderman's office or download the application here:

Submit all documentation to your alderman's office by July 1 to receive your refund.  

After the first year, refund recipients receive subsequent application forms automatically.

City of Chicago

Committee on Finance

City Hall  Room 302

312 744 9293