BUSINESS ATTRACTION & GROWTH
SHOP LOCAL, BUSINESS PARTICIPATION
Shopping locally at small businesses in our neighborhoods (1) helps maintain the diversity of stores on the mid-south side, (2) builds strong neighborhoods, (3) creates jobs, (4) provides funds for more City services through sales tax, and (5) promotes community development.
South East Chicago Commission (SECC) will launch its 2021 Southside Shop Local campaign to support safe shopping in stores and online with local businesses in the Southeast lakefront business districts.
Businesses are invited to sign up online by October 28, 2021. Participation is easy and FREE.
Business Marketing During the Holiday Shopping Season
Five Weeks: November 8 – December 6, 2021 (Promotional Period)
Five Neighborhoods: Oakland, Kenwood, *Hyde Park, Washington Park, and Woodlawn
- Complete the online registration form by October 28, 2021
- Submit marketing content (logos, ads, photos, social accounts, etc) by October 28, 2021
- Agree to offer and honor a special deal during the promotional period
- Train staff for the promotion and prepare websites or checkout experience
- Allow marketing displays and/or material distribution at point of service
- Share social media campaign content during the promotional period
- Use social media hashtag in social media sharing
Benefits to Participating Businesses:
- Free marketing, advertising and promotion
- Includes online and offline listing as a participating business
- Includes link to your company’s website for easy, increased traffic
- Targeted outreach to local residents who may be returning customers
- Increased shopper endorsements (reviews and social tags for better SEO)
- Social media content promotion from SECC and partnering organizations
Additional Marketing Opportunities (Optional Participation):
- Host a promotional event
- Participate in a news interview
- Allow television media to broadcast inside your business
Hyde Park – Special Service Area #61 Businesses
*Special Service Area – Hyde Park (SSA61) will invest additional funds to promote Shop Local in support of eligible participating businesses located in the Hyde Park SSA61 footprint.
- Place a digital ad (and/or website link) in SSA61 Shopper’s Guide
- Host social live stream at your location
- Sell products/services as tabletop vendor at Fall Hyde Park Farmers Market
- Participate in SSA61 social video ad commercial
Contact Natalie Wright for sign up or assistance. SECC Office 773-324-6926.